PS4 is one of the most loved gaming consoles in the world of gaming. Even PS5 doesn’t get as much popularity and attraction as the PS4 gets and makes its Goodwill all around the world. gaming is one of the favorite tasks for all, especially in leisure time. But it really disappoints when we face network issues while playing games.
The disconnecting of the internet totally violates the gaming experience of the users and makes their mood sad. What does it feel like the PS4 is often disconnected? It’s just disgusting for anyone, but don’t worry. As in this article, we come with basic common and flexible fixes for this disconnecting WIFI issue on PS4. Through this article, you will surely connect your PS4 with a WIFI Network without any issue and keep enjoying the game as usual.
All sets of troubleshooting methods are offered to you by too much testing and will help you to rectify the disconnecting WIFI problem. so, read this article carefully and don’t miss any steps to get your problem easily solved.
Why does my PS4 keep disconnecting from WIFI or the Internet Network?
There are a variety of reasons that cause such a disconnecting WIFI issue, let us discuss them one by one.
Slow Internet Speed
One of the reasons the PS4 keeps disconnecting from WIFI is its slow internet speed. If you are taking a WIFI connection from such a network where many users are connected on the network then surely the network speed goes down.
If the WIFI network is not getting proper internet speed or may not be connected to the internet then it will lead to such an issue.
Not having the latest or updated version of PS4 Software
If you don’t have the latest version of PS4 software then also you will face such a problem. PS4 makes the user not compatible with the older version of its software and leads to internet disconnectivity issues.
There are a variety of technical problems that cause such an issue. There may be problems with the router, modem, or any other things. So it’s best to check if there is such an error.
The modem is not connected to the ISP.
It may be possible that your modem is not connected with the ISP or directly not catching up with the ISP. These are some reasons why PS4 keeps disconnecting from WiFi.
Fix PS4 Keeps Disconnecting from the Internet – Issue Solved
Let us discuss the ways to fix PS4 that keeps disconnecting from the internet issue. There are some possible ways which can surely help you in resolving this issue.
Test WIFI network with other devices
As you are facing the WIFI network connecting issue in PS4 so let it check on another device. Connect another device like a laptop, mobile, or any device with the WIFI network and check whether they have a stable internet connection or not.
If they have the same problem then the error is in the WIFI Network or if they have a stable internet connection then the problem is in PS4 Router.
Make selection of Frequency Band Manually
Frequency bands are two: one is 2.4GHz and the other is 5GHz. Both of the bands are supported by PS4 Pro but the old PS4 supports only one former frequency band. When you update the PS4, you will notice that it will be losing WIFI connection due to the automatic selection.
While the PS4 Pro keeps switching between both of them and leads to disconnecting of WIFI. Now you have to select the band manually, 2.4GHz has better coverage with slower speed while 5 GHz has lower coverage with high speed. For selecting the frequency bands manually follow the steps;
- Go to the settings, choose Network, and lookup for “Use WIFI” then click Easy.
- Choose the options menu and then look for WIFI frequency bands, choose your desired one.
Check for Update
Generally, you get a notification to update the PlayStation or it will update automatically. But if your software is not updated or it gets corrupted. Then download or update the software from its official site and install it.
One of the basic troubleshootings which works in every field of technology is to close the current program and restart it again. So, if you keep losing the WIFI connectivity while playing the game it is better to close the game and restart it again.
Using your game controller click on the home button, press the up menu, and select close the game option. After this restart the game again.
Reset the game console
Before resetting the console, back up your console’s data, as it will erase everything, even the installed games. Now follow the steps to reset the PS4 Console
- Turn off your console.
- Unplug the power cable from the console, wait for some minutes, and plug it in again.
- Hold the power button for 10 seconds until you hear the second beep voice.
- Connect the controller with the PS4.
- Select either Initialize PS4 or Restart PS4 using the X button.
Reboot the WIFI router
As we told you earlier the router is also a reason for experiencing WIFI network dysconnectivity. To overcome this issue, reboot your router and check whether the connection is better or not.
- Plug out the cable of your router and hold it for a few seconds.
- After some time, plug the cable again and wait to turn it on then connect your PS4 with it.
Reinstall the Game
If you face this error only while playing a specific game then delete or uninstall the game and install it again. As sometimes, this issue may lie in the game files.
- With the help of the controller look for the game in which you face this issue.
- Using the controller, press the options button.
- Choose the delete option and confirm it.
- After the successful deletion of the game, reinstall it from the PlayStation store.
Setup the System again
You can rearrange the gaming system or PS4 again and check whether the issue is solved or not. Disconnect the device components and remove the unnecessary. Place the router next to the PS4 and reconnect it. It may help to fix this issue.
Establish a Static IP address
The IP addresses are either static or dynamic. Static is more stable than dynamic ones. Whenever you update the router or choose a different ISP, the IP changes every time as usually automatic IP is by default set up. So, you have to change it manually and establish a static IP address.
- Open the settings, view the connection status, and note down the IP address, Default Gateway, Subnet Mask.
- Go back to the previous menu, open the Setup internet connection, and choose WIFI.
- Now select Custom, then Manual. Enter the first 3 digits of your IP and pick a number from 2 to 255 as the last number or section.
- Type the noted-down Subnet Mask and Default Gateway.
- Now choose Automatic for MTU settings, then proceed with Do not use a proxy server option.
- Now use the WIFI again and check whether the problem is resolved or not.
Customize the DNS settings
As we are facing a WIFI connection problem, changing the domain name will help you in this case to resolve this issue.
- Go to PS4 settings and select the Setup Internet Connection option.
- Select WIFI – Custom – Automatic IP Settings.
- Check whether you Do not specify a DHCP hostname.
- Open the DNS settings, choose Manual, and for primary settings enter [8. 8. 8. 8], & for secondary enter [8. 8. 4. 4].
- Now choose Automatic under the MTU settings.
- Finally, to complete the process, choose “Do not use a proxy server”.
WIFI connection problems in PS4 are common and reported by many users. These problems seem to be complicated but in reality, you need to just analyze the issue and pick out the correct reason that causes this issue.
This issue can be solved once the reason is identified. In this article, we cover all the possible reasons that cause this issue and also discuss the ways to fix this issue. I hope you like this article and find this information useful in fixing the PS4 that keeps disconnecting from the WIFI issue.
However, if you still face the issue then it’s better to contact customer support as they will surely help you. You can contact the ISP of the router or modem if the problem is theirs, they will solve it. However, if the problem is in the PS4 take it to the store and replace it or fix it.
You may also like