Are you facing the same error on your Samsung phone, which most people-facing, “Unfortunately IMS Service Has Stopped”?
This is the common problem that occurs on maximum Android devices but maximum time on Samsung phones.
So in this post, we will talk about what IMS services, Why this “Unfortunately IMS service has stopped” message occurs, and that is the solution for this.
This post will be a complete guide about IMS, so stay tuned till the end and know everything about IMS services.
What Is IMS Service?
IMS Service stands for IP Multimedia SubSystem and when you send any multimedia services such as SMS, Calls.
It also enables the services to get delivered with the help of an IP network. When you send someone any message or call it goes with the help of IMS only.
And a lot of consumers have reported the error on their phone while making calls or sending messages, so what is the solution?
Can we control it?
The short answer is yes, we can, and we will share the complete details about IMS services that have stopped and provide you with the working solution so that you can solve it by yourself.
What Are The Reasons For IMS Service Error?
Actually, no one found any specific reason behind this error, but as we understand this error, there may be ample reasons behind it. Let’s explore each one.
- App Is Outdated:
If you don’t update your apps for a long time, then also this problem occurs.
- Using Third-Party Apps:
If you are not using the direct app, and instead of that, using the third-party app on your device, then this could be the reason behind it.
- Corrupt cache:
Cache plays a vital role in running the app smoothly, whenever you launch the app, it automatically creates the cache and stores them into the phone.
Sometimes these caches can be a culprit for this error because these caches get crashed and in return, your app may start showing your error. Generally, it happens in messaging apps.
What Are The Ways To Fix Unfortunately, IMS Service Has Stopped On Samsung:
Okay !! We have talked enough about the IMS, let’s find out the solution, and that is what you are looking for, right?.
As there are ample causes that can happen behind this issue, the solution can be several, so you should try each one of the ones that don’t go in your way. You should move to the next option.
Boot Your Device In Safe Mode:
Safe Mode is the place where you find the errors easily compared to normal mode, So we will start with a safe mood.
So now you have to restart your device and run into safe mode. Booting your device into safe mode is pretty simple, if you are not able to run the phone in safe mode, follow the given steps below.
- Make sure you have enough mobile battery backup left, firstly turn off your mobile phone by using the power button for a couple of seconds.
- Now press the Power Off icon and you can see a Phone’s company logo on the screen.
- You can find safe mode, simply select safe mode.
- Now you can see any issues with the app, once you find the culprit app, simply remove it from the device.
- Keep doing this, as far as you can get the solutions.
Check For Software Updates:
As we said above, outdated software can also bring this error so make sure, your Samsung OS is updated, if you are not able to find where to check if your Samsung Phone OS is outdated or not? Follow the below steps below.
- Simply go to the settings on your phone and scroll down, until you find About Phone.
- Under the About Phone find the Software update, and now find the check for updates.
- Once you click on the Check for update, and your phone is not updated, then you can see a message to download the update, or if your phone is updated already then leave it as it is.
- If you get any update available message, then tap on the download button. Once the download will be completed you will be restarting.
- Your phone is updated and check the error still showing or fixed.
Remove Message App Data And Cache:
Generally, the IMS error message belongs to the messaging app, so our next step is to clear App data and cache from the app.
If you are not familiar with this, you can simply follow the given steps below.
- For this, you will have to go to settings, and then Apps and then select the messaging app (or the app you are facing issue with)
- Open the Message app and then go to the storage option of the app.
- You can see a Clear Data option, click on it, and click on the confirm button.
- After doing the above steps, reboot your device and check if the error has been removed or still there.
Check For Apps Update:
If any of your apps are not updated on the phone, it may be the cause of the problem, maybe the same not showing the error, but once an app goes outdated it conflicts with other apps and OS, and which can lead to the error, so check if any of your required updates.
Follow the given step below for the same.
- Simply go to the Google Play Store on your phone.
- Click on the Menu button and go to My apps and games.
- You can see an update option there, tap on it and then click on the Refresh icon.
- Hit on the Update All button and it will start your app updating one by one.
- Once the updating process is finished, close all the windows and try to check all the apps, if the issue is resolved or not.
Factory Reset of Samsung Phone:
Followed all the steps but still having the same error?
Don’t worry, your mobile needs an operation, Lol !!
The only option left for now for fixing the Unfortunately IMS service has stopped?
And that is a factory reset. This is not a bad option to perform, but the only thing you should keep in mind, that all your data, including photos, videos, and messages will be wiped forever, so before performing this, you should keep complete data backup. Follow the detailed steps for factory reset.
- First of all turn of your phone (Samsung)
- Now holds the Volume UP + Power Button + Bixby Button.
- Keep holding them, until you get the recovery menu option on your mobile screen.
- Now choose the volume up and down button to select from the display options. Go to the Wipe Data or Factory Reset.
- Once you select the Wipe Data or Factory Reset. Press the Power button for tapping on it.
- Use your volume down button to tap on the Yes, and then again press the power button to confirm it.
- Now you can see a wiping data process will proceed on the screen, and once it gets finished, you will have an option to reboot your device, press the power button to confirm.
- All your data has been removed from the device including the error message “Unfortunately IMS Service Has Stopped.
We are sure this process will work. Enjoy.
Unfortunately, IMS Service Has Stopped is one of the disaster errors on Samsung Phone, and it happens for many reasons.
In this article, we tried to explain everything including solutions regarding Unfortunately IMS Service Has Stopped. We have shared the top 5 methods which can help you to get rid of this error.
If you have any questions or suggestions you can leave us a comment below.